- Notify employees if they work they perform exposes them to noise levels at or above 85 dBA.
- Arrange for training of affected employees.
- Assist Environmental Health & Safety Manager in arranging audiometric testing.
- Assist in follow up (see below) procedures when audiometric testing identifies a standard threshold shift
- Enforce the use of hearing protection where it is required.
Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Manager will:
- Arrange for annual audiometric testing
- Assist supervisors in obtaining noise level measurements of the workplace
- Work with employees on follow up procedures when a standard threshold shift is identified.
- Assist in evaluating the appropriate hearing protection for the environment.
- Wear all hearing protection as required by their job role, location, or supervisor
- Maintain hearing protection in clean, working order, replacing as necessary when the effectiveness is lost.
- Report any concerns about noise exposure in the work environment to supervisor and/or the PLU Environmental Health & Safety Manager.
- Make an effort to have any suggested re-tests done promptly, within the 21 day window provided after notification of a temporary STS.