When the AQI is 69 or more, PLU EH&S will begin efforts to implement exposure controls wherever it is practical to do so.
At the point the AQI reaches or exceeds 151, PLU must implement exposure controls wherever feasible. These controls include, but are not limited to:
- Relocate work to less smoky areas
- Reschedule work until air quality improves
- Reduce the level or duration of physical exertion, take more frequent breaks
- Where feasible, move to enclosed structures where the air is filtered
- Where feasible, while operating vehicles, use the air conditioning in “recirculate” mode and keep vents and windows closed.
- Use respiratory protection (N95, KN95, with or without valve – surgical facemasks and scarves will not provide protection from smoke)