The following are some of the benefits and privileges that are extended to each PLU student club/organization upon its official recognition by the University. A club/organization’s failure to maintain recognition through annual registration may result in suspension of any or all of these benefits and privileges.
- To reserve campus facilities and outdoor spaces up to one calendar year in advance of the event date.
- To be included in the directory of officially recognized student clubs/organizations found on the Clubs website
- To post authorized publicity in approved posting areas, including IMPACT Boards as well as the use of cork-board and posting space in the AUC
- To reserve and use space in the AUC for “tabling,” as scheduled through Conferences and Events
- To use “PLU” as part of the organization name (The Pacific Lutheran University name may be used only for purposes generally consistent with the organization’s purpose and only to identify affiliation as a student
- To request the creation of and utilize a FOAP (Fund Organization Account Program) account for the purpose of spending and saving funds as a club
- To apply for and receive funding from SAB Appropriations and/or the Student Life Council
- To have mail delivered to Student Engagement
- To participate in the Involvement Fair and to attend any other club-related fairs throughout the academic year
- To have an advisor who is a PLU faculty or staff member to help guide, provide mentorship and act as a sounding board
- To receive help, advice, and assistance from the staff of Student Engagement
- To link a club’s Facebook page with the PLU website
- To have an active PLU club’s email account