Revised October 2020
If the need arises, the request should be directed to Payroll with at least one business days’ notice. The following limitations apply:
- A bona fide emergency situation must exist.
- The amount of the advance is limited to a maximum of 50% of the amount already earned.
- At the time of the request, the applicable payroll cutoff date has not passed.
- Employees must have successfully completed their introductory period.
- Employees may request only one such advance in each three-year period of their employment with Pacific Lutheran University.
The university reserves the right to approve or reject, in its sole discretion, any request for an emergency advance.