Military Reserves & National Guard Obligations

Active members of the National Guard or military reserves are eligible for an adjustment of wages if a difference exists between their PLU salary and their military pay and allowances during the annual encampment or active-duty training. To be eligible for this benefit, members must be on an active pay status with a unit (drilling on a monthly or weekly basis) and must submit a statement of earnings for the annual active-duty period.

To report the leave of absence on their time sheet, the employee has the option of using vacation to receive their regular PLU salary in additional to their military pay, or it may be indicated as leave without pay.

National Guard members called to emergency duty in time of disaster or civil disturbance will receive differential pay for up to ten working days in one year.

Refer to the Military Call to Duty policy for additional information.