Veterans Affairs and Vocational Rehabilitation

Pacific Lutheran University’s academic programs of study are approved by the Washington State Student Achievement Council’s State Approving Agency (WSAC/SAA) for enrollment of persons eligible to receive educational benefits under Title 38 and Title 10 USC.

Veterans, widows, widowers, and children of deceased or disabled veterans who wish to inquire about their eligibility for benefits should contact the Regional Office of the Veterans Administration, Federal Building, 915 Second Avenue, Seattle, WA 98174. Persons within the State of Washington may telephone 800.827.1000.

To ensure the university is in compliance with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, in which students that are entitled to educational assistance under chapter 31, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, or chapter 33, Post–9/11 GI Bill® benefits, will be permitted to attend or participate in the course of education and will not be imposed any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, the library, or other institutional facilities, or requirement that additional funds be borrowed because of the inability to meet the financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from the VA under chapter 31 and 33, the student must provide the School Certifying Official the following:

1)      Submit a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for entitlement to educational assistance no later than the first day of a course of education or a Statement of Benefits obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ eBenefits website.  A student that is using Vocational Rehabilitation a VA Form 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes must be received.

2)      Submit required supporting in-house VA forms obtained in the School Certifying Officials (SCO) Office.

Students that have fees that will not be covered with the funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33 will be subject to being placed on a financial hold for those specific fees which may prohibit certain privileges and may incur interest charges.

Students receiving Veterans Affairs benefits must coordinate with the VA school certifying official in the Office of Financial Services.  You may also reach the VA school certifying official at or by calling 253.535.8317.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at