Getting Started with Service Requests
If you need help or assistance with your PLU technology needs, you can make a Help Desk Service Request. Service requests can be placed:
- online (http://helpdesk.plu.edu)
- by email (email@example.com)
- by phone (253-535-7525)
- in-person at the Help Desk on the first floor of the Library
Once a Service Request is created, you’ll receive an email confirmation and status updates via email.
Below is a quick-start on working with Service Requests.
Online Service Requests
You’ll need to have a PLU ePass username and password to make a service request. Log in at:
ePass Problems?: If you’re having trouble with your ePass, phone 253-535-7525, email firstname.lastname@example.org from another non-PLU email account, or drop by the Help Desk on the first floor of the Library.
Set Up Your Profile
After logging in you’ll see several buttons across the top of the window.
The first time you access Web Help Desk, please set up your Profile by clicking the “Profile” button (1) at the top of the screen. This will allow you to set your Location, which is required to submit a service request. Though you can change the Location in an individual Service Request, setting the Location in your profile makes it the default location that comes up when you make a new Service Request.
- Click the drop down list next to Location (2) and select your default location
- For PLU faculty and staff, select your building
- For students in Residence Halls, select your hall
- For off-campus students select “~ Off Campus ~”
- Choose a Room (3) from the drop down list (not required)
- Set your email preferences (4). If you use Gmail
- check the “Use HTML E-Mail” box
- click on the “No graphics (Gmail/Outlook friendly)” option
- Click “Save” (5) to complete your profile changes.
Make a Service Request
To make a service request, click the “Request” button at the top of the window.
- Next to “Request Type” (1), select the type of request from the drop-down list.
- Another drop-down list (2) may appear so you can further refine your selection.
- Fill out the “Request Details” (3) box with a description of your question or problem.
- Make sure that a “Location” (4) is filled in from the drop-down list.
- Some request types will include an area to select your equipment “Assets” from a list (5). Select the PLU barcode number of the equipment.
- Click the “Save” button (6).
Check Status of Your Requests
To check the status of your requests, click the “History” button at the top of the page.
View the details of your ticket.
- If you want to add a note, click on the “Add Note” button (1) and enter your note in the box.
- If you want to send a copy of the ticket to someone else, fill in a valid email address in the “Carbon Copy (Cc:)” box (2).
- Click the “Save” button (3).
Have a question? You can search the FAQs by clicking on the “FAQs” button at the top of the page.
- You can select from a “Category” via one (1) or more (2) drop-down lists.
- You can do a keyword search by entering one or more words in the “Contains” box (3).
- Or you can refine your searches by selecting a “Category” (1) (2) as well as specifying one or more keywords in the “Contains” box (3).
- Click the “Search” button (4).
- From the Results List, click the “Show Answer” button of the FAQ you want an answer for.
TIP: To see all FAQs, just click the “Search” button (4).