Passwords are used to protect personal and possibly sensitive information on your computer. They will only keep your information secure if you, in turn, keep your passwords secure. Do not give out your password to anyone.
- Passwords must be at least 8 characters long
- Include at least one upper-case and 1 lower-case letter
- Include at least one number
- Include at least one of the following characters: [ . ! ? – _ ] or a space
- Must not contain ” ‘ : ( ) & \ or a comma
- Must not begin or end with a space
- Must not contain your first name, last name, or ePass username
- Do not use passwords that have an association with yourself (i.e. your name, pet, car, family, club etc.)
- Do not use a single English word
- Try using a combination of words i.e. fish2frY1?
- Try using phonetically spelled words i.e. fonetikal,48
- Try doubling consonants, vowels, or use numbers i.e. IIthiinkIIcaan@23
- When changing your password, do not use incremental passwords i.e. fish2frY?, fish3frY?, etc.
Changing Your Passwords
Changing Your ePass Password
Change your password through our online services menu: https://epass.plu.edu
Changing Your Banner Password
Instructions for changing your Banner Self-Service password can be found at: https://banweb.plu.edu/pls/pap/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin
Internet Native Banner passwords for staff, faculty and student workers can be reset by putting in a request through the I&TS Help Desk at 253-535-7525, firstname.lastname@example.org, or online at helpdesk.plu.edu.
Changing Your Windows Password
Effective February 2008, the ePass and Windows passwords are synchronized. If you have recently received a “change your password” notification while logged on to a Windows machine, you’ll need to change your ePass password. Once you’ve changed that password, your login to ePass and Windows will be the same. You will be reminded to change this password every 6 months. To change this password, go to https://epass.plu.edu.
Contact the Help Desk at 253-535-7525 or email@example.com if you have questions.