Google Apps For Education
- Google Mail – PLU offers email accounts for faculty, students and staff hosted by Google with unlimited storage space, tools to search and find messages quickly, as well as messaging and video chat built right into the browser.
- Google Hangouts – Unifies chats, audio calls, and video meetings across all of your devices. Whether you’re in Gmail, on a desktop, or on Android or iOS devices, you won’t miss a thing because your Hangouts are synchronized and helps you stay connected no matter where you are.
- Google Calendar – Everyone can organize their schedules and share events, meetings and entire calendars with others. You can even publish a calendar on your website to let others know about upcoming events.
- Google Groups – Allows you to manage and archive your mailing list and provides a method for communication and collaboration with group members. Members can read and post messages online or via email as well as search archives of your group’s messages.
- Google Drive – Students and faculty can create documents, spreadsheets and presentations and then collaborate with each other in real-time right inside a web browser window.
- Google Sites – Create a website and edit it the same way you’d edit a document — no technical expertise required. Your site can bring together all the information you want to share with your colleagues and students, including docs, calendars, photos, videos and attachments.